Paparazzi

9:05 PM Edit This 0 Comments »


The role of paparazzi in today’s media plays a huge role on the impact of how we perceive celebrities now a day. Usually the paparazzi are the followers of the celebrities who lurk around them for multiple hours daily, just to get one simple picture of them. Most every paparazzi is looking for a scandalous shot, but this does not always happen. When a scandalous shot is taken, they usually go directly to their cars, upload it, and then send it off to the web. Once in the web, who knows how many tabloids the picture can float into. The pictures are then posted on various forms of media such as websites, magazines, papers and even gossip TV shows. This one single shot can now be seen by millions around the world. This is not always a good thing for the celebrities. These shots may be good or bad. If bad, then the whole world now perceives you in a different way. Often the tabloids can make up headlines about this picture that may not even be true. This can be very harmful to a celebrity’s reputation. If this picture was taken at a bad time, and makes you look as if you are committing a wrongful act, then usually the only opinion we will have is bad, as that is what the picture demonstrates to the average reader. We see the heading that the tabloids have created which is not always correct to what the star may have been doing. Although, this may not always be the case. Sometimes the paparazzi do get positive images of stars. For example; they may be at a charity event or doing a good deed. This is when the paparazzi are truly helpful to the celebrity. These pictures are sent to help the celebrities’ reputation and show how they are not just pre-occupied with their own lives. Daily we receive plenty of news about celebrities. Many people thrive for their daily dose of celebrity gossip. We as humans love to see other’s flaws and point them out. We believe it makes us feel better about ourselves, or helps us believe that we are ‘normal’ just like them. The pictures reveal how everyone has flaws and we just have to deal with them. If celebrities are able to deal with them and still live their busy lives out in the spot like for everyone around the world to see, then we can too. Personally I believe the celebrities have a love hate relationship with the paparazzi. Sometimes they are able to cooperate together but at other times things do just not work out. The paparazzi are people who will get up into you face and sometimes I believe that celebrities cannot handle the heat. If they have had a long and stressful day and someone is purposely annoying them, then a breakout of feelings may happen. I do not find this completely wrong because sure, everyone does have their bad moments and no one wants a camera or to be watched and reported on at all times. But I do feel that seeing how celebrities are always being watched and followed, they should always be aware of who is around them and refrain from acts that they do not want recorded as much as possible. Other times I believe celebrities and paparazzi are able to get along very well. If pictures of a celeb show them going out doing a good deed, then they have no reason for disliking paparazzi because they are just helping the celebrity build a good reputation and bring public awareness to this deed or activity.


I am now a superstar dancer from a new hit Broadway show. I was discovered while at my dance competition performing and awesome musical theater solo. It just so happens that a talent agent was sitting front row center in the auditorium, and was gob smacked by my performance. As soon as I headed off stage I walked behind the curtains and there he was. My future agent! He pulled me aside and took down all my information. The next day I got a call, went to a few auditions, and before I knew it, there I was, up on stage performing my first Broadway hit! My dancing and singing skills were magnificent! I was to perform three shows daily. Each was approximately two hours in length. I would get up on stage and perform throughout the entire show. When I finished and went off stage, I would have to sign autographs, then go back to my dressing room to rest for our next show which would only be a couple of hours away. This was a very tiring schedule. After my third show which would end approximately at 10 pm, I would not be out of the theater until at least 11 pm. At this time I often had many fans waiting for me to have pictures taken with them and autographs, and of course the paparazzi never fail to show up. Personally I do not mind them although when they are rude or show me attitude, I do not appreciate it. I often try to ignore them or just be polite. So far during my career I have had no negative publicity which is helping me make my way to the top! My relationship with the paparazzi is going fairly well as of now, which I find quite thrilling. Sometimes they even help me lug some of my bags to my car. Some of them can be very friendly to me which I fully appreciate. For Paparazzi like that, I will spend extra time to pose for their pictures compared to the ones who try to push me around and have no manners, or try to sneak around to get personal pictures of me on my free time.

0 comments: